A while ago I posted a picture on Facebook, and asked if you all could guess what it was.
Well, no one guessed it…but it’s from a pattern coming soon! (It’s here! A pattern I designed for My Hobby is Crochet. Check it out here! ) One person though, guessed fingerless gloves, which made me start thinking about how great these stitches would look as fingerless gloves. So I figured the only thing to do was make some!
Lavender Fingerless Gloves
- Size J (6.00 mm) crochet hook (or size needed to obtain gauge)
- 110 yards of bulky weight yarn (Shown in “Lavender Satchet” by Chaleur Hand Dyed Yarn). This is a very light bulky yarn, please check your gauge.
- “H” or “J” crochet hook (optional) – I prefer a slightly flared/looser top to my fingerless gloves. If you want a more fitted look, go down a hook size or two at round 11.
Abbreviations (US terms):
- Ch: chain
- Dc: double crochet
- Hdc: half double crochet
Sizing: Approximately 7.5 inches tall, 8 inches in diameter at the wrist, 10 inches in diameter at the top (to make it smaller or larger, increase or decrease by multiples of 3)
Gauge: 6 stitches x 6 rounds in hdc = 2 inches. Make sure and check your gauge, as I tend to crochet tighter than most.
Note: There has been some confusion regarding the hdc rows, some people thinking they are crocheted on the back loop only. They are actually regular hdc stitches, made in the top two loops as normal, leaving that third “extra” loop hanging out by itself. Because the pattern is worked on the round (not turning at the end of each row) these extra loops all end up on the same side giving it the look that it has. Lion Brand Yarn has a video tutorial here showing you how to complete this stitch.
- Round 1: Make a hdc foundation row of 24, slip to join, ch 2 but do not turn(does not count here and throughout)
- Round 2-10: hdc around, slip to join, ch 2
- Round 11: (dc 2, ch 1, dc 2) into first stitch,* skip 2, (dc 2, ch 1, dc 2) into next* repeat from * to * until 2 stitches remain, skip 2, slip to join, ch 3
- Round 12: (dc 2, ch 1, dc 2) into each ch 1 space from previous round, slip to join, ch 2
- Round 13: (dc 2, ch 1, dc 2) into each ch 1 space from previous round, slip to join
- Round 14: Ch 8, skip first 5 stitches, (dc 2, ch 1, dc 2) into each ch space from previous round, slip to join, ch 3
- Round 15: (dc 2, ch 1, dc 2) into chain 8 space from previous round, (dc 2, ch 1, dc 2) into each ch 1 space from previous round, slip to join
- Round 16-17: (dc 2, ch 1, dc 2) into each ch 1 space from previous round, slip to join
- Bind off and weave in ends, take a picture and share!
Linking up with these awesome sites!
Don’t forget to check out the matching cloche pattern =)
Copyright and licensing information: You may not repost, reprint or otherwise distribute any pattern posted on this site. Please feel free to give away, donate or sell any finished product, all I ask is that when selling online you link back to the posted pattern. Thanks!